Sunday, September 28, 2008

Rinkworks

Rinkworks was introduced to me back in 2000 or so by my high school girlfriend who enjoyed "Book-A-Minute." Honestly, that's one of my least favorite aspects of the site, but so much of that site is good that it is well worth the time to pay a visit. It's a lot of random humor and cleverness. Here's the stuff I like the best:

I Think: If you liked SNL's Deep Thoughts by Jack Handy, there'll probably be a thought or two you enjoy from this.

It's a Bad, Bad, Movie (Read anything with a rating of 5): This guy reviews B-movies that amused him. A special link to my favorite review

Things People Said: These are all good. I'll give some examples of what you'll find, specifically, my favorites. Here goes:

- Accident Quotations -
  • "In my attempt to kill a fly, I drove into a telephone pole."
  • "To avoid hitting the bumper of the car in front, I struck the pedestrian."
  • "The guy was all over the road. I had to swerve a number of times before I hit him."
  • "The pedestrian had no idea which direction to go, so I ran over him."
  • "I saw the slow-moving, sad-faced old gentleman as he bounced off the hood of my car."
- Resume Quotations -
  • "My contributions on product launches were based on dreams that I had."
  • "I eat computers for lunch."
  • "Graduated in the top 66% of my class."
  • "Previous experience: Self-employed -- a fiasco."
  • "Special skills: I've got a Ph.D. in human feelings."
  • "My ruthlessness terrorized the competition and can sometimes offend."
  • "ONCE FOCUSED ON AN OBJECTIVE, I BELIEVE MYSELF TO HAVE AN UNDYING LUST FOR SUCCESS WITH ACCURACY AND EFFECIENCY."
- Warning Labels -
  • "Do not iron clothes on body." -- On packaging for a Rowenta iron.
  • "Warning: This product can burn eyes." -- On a curling iron.
  • "Caution: The contents of this bottle should not be fed to fish." -- On a bottle of shampoo for dogs.
  • "Warning! This is not underwear! Do not attempt to put in pants." -- On the packaging for a wristwatch.
- Tenents -
  • "I am writing on behalf of my sink, which is running away from the wall."
  • "This is to let you know that there is a smell coming from the man next door."
  • "The toilet seat is cracked. Where do I stand?"
  • "Our lavatory seat is broken in half and is now in three pieces."
  • "The toilet is blocked, and we cannot bathe the children until it is cleared."

No comments:

  © Blogger template 'Isolation' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP