Thursday, January 12, 2012

Satsui no Hadou Shirizu


I can't really claim to know exactly what or why this is, but it looks like an imagining of random Japanese pop culture icons into Street Fighter 4 styled video game portraits.  The art is by Kei-Suwabe (who also has a pixiv page) of Metajan Requiem, I just organized all the illustrations into an easy to browse format.  I think this is his coolest work (although his other art is good too), I'd definitely play the game.  See how many characters you recognize!

6 comments:

Mathieu said...

This art is based on some of the most popular characters developped under M.U.G.E.N. platform.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/M.U.G.E.N

Example:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-8zslXqdglw

Sketch Hurricane said...

The art? It's street fighter 4 style. Mugen has nothing to do with the art. The concept, yeah.

thnidu said...

Looks like somebody's seriously afraid of Disney's lawyers (and with good reason).

AbusePuppy said...

I initially thought that the pixellated mouse was Mortimer Mouse from Bloom County. Awww.

Also, Rei Ayanami and Danbo being in there is pretty excellent.

dnagar175 said...

hey i need this game plz... send me some link plz

Williams said...

Very interesting, good job and thanks for sharing such a good blog. Your article is so convincing that I never stop myself to say something about it. You’re doing a great job. Keep it up, take a look at the profile of Jennifer Skiles

  © Blogger template 'Isolation' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP